TripProtector Economy FAQs
- Who is eligible to purchase a TripProtector Economy policy?
An Eligible Participant:
- Is a resident of the U.S.
- Is under Age 70
- Is scheduled to spend at least 24 hours away from his/her home
- For children under age 6, must be enrolled with a parent
- Initial purchase must be made in home country prior to departing on trip.
- Why should I buy this insurance?
One thing that's certain is the unpredictability of travel. From lost baggage to trip cancellation our travel insurance protects you - and your trip investment - even before you leave.
- Exactly what does the insurance reimburse?
TripProtector coverage is extensive. Here's a shortlist of what's covered: All prepaid, non-refundable trip costs (such as air fare, cruises, tours), costs associated with a sickness or accident personal effect expenses caused by baggage delay or loss - plus more. Visit TripProtector Economy Benefits for further details.
- Won't the credit card that I use pay for the trip or the travel supplier reimburse me, if something goes wrong?
All credit cards don't cover trip cancellation. And travel supplier coverage isn't as comprehensive for trip cancellation.
- What is the major difference between TripProtector Economy, TripProtector Classic and TripProtector Preferred?
Compare TripProtector Plans
- What methods of payment are accepted?
Premiums can be paid by a major credit card online.
- How do I access participating medical providers outside the U.S.?
Our Global Health and Safety services help members identify, access, and pay for quality healthcare all over the world. This includes a contracted community of elite providers in 190 countries. Members can access these carefully selected providers online, via phone or with a mobile device.
A claims instruction page is available online and can be accessed by visiting the TripProtector Claims page. Claim forms are downloadable from this section of the site.
- Will my pre-existing condition be covered under a TripProtector Economy plan?
No, there is 6 month Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion on this plan. Pre-Existing Condition means an illness, disease, or other condition during the 60 day period immediately prior to your effective date. For full details, please review the TripProtector Economy certificate. If you are looking for a pre-existing condition exclusion waiver, please look at our TripProtector Classic and Preferred plans.
- I am leaving before my policy materials arrive in the mail. How will I receive the information I need in time?
Upon a successful purchase, you will receive an email confirmation which contains all your necessary policy information and important contact information for emergencies. Once enrolled, members can instantly log in to the Member Services area of the website and download an electronic ID card and other policy documents.
- I already left on my trip. Can I buy a TripProtector Economy plan after departure?
No. Economy is approved to be sold to customers purchasing from inside the U.S.
- On the TripProtector plans, what do you consider the 'initial deposit date' under the pre-existing condition waiver?
The initial deposit date would be the date when you paid the largest portion of your covered trip. One exception to this is if you purchased an airline ticket after paying for the bulk of your trip.
- Where do I read the fine print?