Why buy this plan?
Reason 1: Medical Expense Coverage
During your international experience, you may need to see a doctor, have a prescription filled, receive care at a hospital, or deal with an unexpected medical emergency. In addition, you may wish to return home for either routine care or the treatment of an unexpected illness.
The Medical Benefits provided under this health plan can help protect you against these unforeseeable circumstances regardless of where you are.
Reason 2: Medical Evacuation and Other Coverages
In addition to Medical Benefits, the Navigator plan provides other valuable benefits, including:
- Medical Evacuation Coverage, to transport you to higher quality medical care in the event of serious illness.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage.
- Pharmacy Coverage, which includes coverage for prescription medications inside and >outside the U.S.
See the Plan Description for detailed benefits, exclusions, and limitations.
Reason 3: Ready Access to Quality Care
In addition to health protection, you'll receive access to our global community of carefully selected, contracted hospitals, physicians, dentists and behavioral health professionals in over 180 countries. Detailed provider profiles, including medical training, are available online. Navigator customers who require hospital care overseas can receive full profiled international treatment options and, in the event of an unforeseen emergency, round-the-clock support, including assistance with evacuation. In most cases, we can pay providers directly (not available everywhere), saving you from using personal funds upfront. For care in the U.S., the Navigator plan includes access to centers of excellence and a U.S. PPO network. Members also have the freedom to choose any doctor or hospital, worldwide.
- No limit on time spent in or out of the U.S.
- Deductible is waived for office visits to participating providers.
- U.S. Creditable Coverage - the pre-existing condition exclusion can be reduced or waived.
- No waiting period associated with any preventive services.
- Covers injuries or illnesses that are a result of a terrorist act.
Note- This plan is not deemed minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).