Eligibility Requirements - For Students and Faculty Members
You must meet only one of the requirements below:
U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents living abroad who are 74 or younger at the time of application are eligible to apply for coverage or;
Legal residents of the U.S. (citizens and residents/74 or younger) are eligible or;
The Eligible Member must be scheduled to reside outside of his/her country for at least 3 months per year and must be involved in Educational activity. This includes:
- International Students living in the U.S.
- International Faculty and Research Scholars in the U.S.
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) Participants living in the U.S.
- U.S. Students and Faculty, planning on studying outside of the U.S., applying from either inside or outside of the U.S.
- Pre-existing condition waiting period can be eliminated with proof of prior creditable coverage
* NOTE: Online courses or ESL (language courses) do not apply.